Everyday around 1.3 million people go to work with out the skills they require according to a new study.
These statistics undoubtedly affect the economy, but a skills for business survey found that a there are still significant barriers to putting the situation right. Here are couple tips. Helping employees to move in their career can be done in a number of ways and need not cost the earth.
1. Appoint someone to identify areas that need improving.
2. See whether you have the skills in house or need to hire in a training professional to provider the skill.
3. Provide training on site during less busy periods.
4. Provide some from of certification weather that is in house or a recognized body.
5. Offer a bonus to encourage learning and improvement.
Results have shown that companies and employees benefit from a mixture of formal and informal training.